Saturday, February 6, 2016

| Oyster Stew and Ham Biscuits |

I love to make oyster stew.  It's simple to make because I normally have the ingredients on hand.  I never make it the same way twice and normally I just taste as I cook.  (I am not a taster as a rule but this just seems to be the right way to cook oyster stew!)  It's always nice when Forrest rolls in with a jar of oysters and says he has dinner!  It doesn't hurt that they are shucked at our facility!  Freshness at it's finest!

 I start out with water, oysters and liquor from the jar.  I cook the oysters until they curl on the edges.


 Once they look "right", I add whipping cream and whatever else I'm in the mood for.  Normally, salt, pepper, parsley, and butter.

 This particular day we had some leftover broccoli and decided to just toss that in at the end.  It ended up being a nice touch!

We had country ham biscuits leftover from a family get together.  They were delish!  The rolls were from a refrigerator roll recipe that Uncle "Owl" found.  (I have a feeling the roll recipe is going to stick around!)

What's your favorite way to cook oyster stew?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment